Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Aloha!

Well, I was right....the hardest thing about 'Create Every Day' isn't the creating.... it's the posting about what we create! For me anyway :) I know that isn't part of the challenge but something I wanted to challenge myself to do... I'll keep trying!

It's been over 10 days since I've posted but I haven't not been creating. Before I go on to what I've been up to I wanted to share with you the two tables that inspired my friend Brian to want to learn how to do mosaic tile and glass work....




I just love these tables. They are on our lanai at our condo in Kihei. The table tops make me smile when I see them since the tiles and glass pieces are special... A friend gave me some small pretty blue tiles left over from a tile job he did and the fish are from our kitchen backsplash in Redondo Beach, saved from a remodel. The little white tiles (the coral) are from leftovers my mom's house found in the back of a storage closet when I was cleaning out her house. Round glass and other tiles sent to me by an art friend. The little sea glass pebbles were collected by friend Mary from Lake Erie. When another friend was commenting on the bottom table after I posted it on facebook, I realized she had sent me the glass stars long ago. Don't you just love it when those things you've been saving forever happen to all come together and get up-cycled?!

btw.....I'm thinking I like the green grout best....think that's the little something extra our table needs Brian. Pretty sure I can seal the grout with some metallic paint right over the top...I'll let you know how it works.


No comments: